Jewish Virtual High School (JVHS) is an offshoot of Torah High that seeks to fill the interactive learning void facing Jewish high school students by offering them online Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) compliant courses.
JVHS Jewish studies courses online are:
- Convenient: No more riding the bus or catching taxis late at night. Class begins and ends when the student is ready, and students have 18 months to complete any given course.
- Accessible: Power up your laptop, tablet or smartphone and log into class. You can be on one of those buses heading for school on a Monday morning or seated next to the hotel pool on vacation. All you need is an Internet connection.
- Affordable: As JVHS has no expensive facilities to maintain we can offer a full range of online courses for considerably less than you’d pay for the same courses at a private brick and mortar school.
- Relevant: All of the courses offered through JVHS are chosen for their ability to prepare Jewish high school students for university and beyond. Every course is taught by top education professionals utilizing the latest techniques and technologies.
- Pressure free: Students of JVHS are able to learn at their own pace free of the arbitrary time constraints of the typical classroom. If they need time to consider an answer they can take as much as they need. If they need to leave “the class” and think things over, no problem.
- Enriching: While we offer a variety of OSSD core curriculum subjects we also provide an array of Jewish studies courses online aimed at teaching our young people about their history and culture.
Current Course Offerings: